Thursday, October 2, 2008

Muzak

Music is a big part of my life. I listen to it when I'm on the computer and when I'm in bed. There's a lot of music out there that affects me in powerful ways. And yet I've never bought an album. I think maybe when I was in grade school I bought a CD by some boy band as a birthday present for somebody. But I've never had the experience of going to a music store and purchasing an album, or even a single, from a recently discovered band. I've never liked a song on the radio and decided to go out and fork over fifteen dollars on the record. I don't even know where I would go to do such a thing, or whether fifteen dollars is an accurate number. Heck, come to think of it, I don't own a sound system.

And it's not as if I spend my money on iTunes instead. I've used it for a few obscurities here and there, but I got a twenty-dollar gift card for the store last Christmas and still have twelve bucks left. No, I just "pirate" everything, through either Limewire or Cornell's intranet hub. And so does everybody else I know.

Fuck me, this is a useless post.

No comments: