Friday, September 26, 2008

Debate predictions

I'm very, very keyed up about this thing, so naturally it will end up being a bad night for Obama. My optimistic prediction is that McCain appears tired and frustrated, Obama looks fresh and confident, and the media will reluctantly call it a draw. My realistic prediction is that McCain will look shitty, but so will Obama, and McCain will get in at least one Surge zinger; then the media, jumping at a chance to run back to papa, will joyously proclaim it a home run for McCain.

I have similar sentiments about the VP debate. Biden will be unremarkable. Palin will manage to string a few sentences together, people will be reminded of her convention speech, and she'll be met with a big welcome-back bear (moose) hug from the right.

This will be the first presidential debate I've watched since I discovered blogs and became marginally informed about politics, and I'm hoping for a real treat. I'm going to be rocking the chips and dip.

No comments: